Basel’s central location, first-class public transport connections and modern infrastructure make it a leading venue for trade fairs and conventions. The Congress Center Basel, located right in the middle of the city, is the largest and most modern convention centre in Switzerland. Basel is located in the heart of Europe, straddling the Rhine. The city is at the centre of the idyllic area where the borders of Switzerland, Germany and France converge. Getting here is easy, with the EuroAirport only around 15 minutes from the city centre. Rail passengers can arrive at either the city’s SBB railway station or the Basel Badischer station operated by Deutsche Bahn. The city’s proximity to the border means that visitors can also arrive by TGV and ICE.
BaselCard (also available as a web app)
- Received when checking into your hotel: Free use of public transport in and around the city of Basel for the duration of your stay
- On the day of arrival: the hotel’s reservation confirmation entitles guests to free transport by public transport from the railway station or EuroAirport to the hotel.
- Free WiFi at various hotspots
- 50% discount on one admission to one of Basel’s museums, Basel Zoo, Theater Basel and much more
- Guest Bike Basel for just CHF 20 per day
AwardsGOLD Energy City Certificate: 2006, 2010, 2014
“City promoting the 2000-watt society”: 2014 (awarded by the Swiss Federal Office of Energy)
Messe Basel (exhibition centre) and Congress CenterThe Messe Basel building now bears the Minergie label BS-054 (Minergie is a Swiss label for HQE buildings). All heating, ventilation and cooling systems are operated as required and most of the waste heat is re-used. The green roof features a photovoltaic plant that feeds over a million kilowatt hours of electricity into the Industrielle Werke Basel (IWB) grid every year.
The news listed here is maintained by the regional / local tourist offices, which is why Switzerland Tourism can not guarantee the content.
Camille Pissarro | Kunstmuseum Basel
4 September 2021 to 23 January 2022Basler Herbstmesse (autumn fair) | Various locations in Basel
23 October to 7 November 2021