Discover Switzerland's watchmaking belt
Late arrival in Geneva and overnight in town. Possible hotels:
- Hôtel Métropole*****, the hotel closest to the Geneve flower clock
- Hôtel des Horlogers***. The hotel features a rare collection of watch manufacturing tools, workbenches and mechanisms installed as they would have been when used by watchmakers, engravers and lapidaries in their day.
Read on for more on the history of watchmaking in Switzerland
Morning: Discover Geneva
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Official Geneva watch tour or Private tour through Geneva and its most important watch monuments
- Lunch in the restaurant of the Cité du Temps, a unique exhibition and event centre created by the Swatch Group in the heart of Geneva
Afternoon: Visit some shops
- Gübelin is renowned for its exquisite jewellery, its expertise in precious stones, and its range of luxury watch brands. Discover the fascinating interior world of precious stones or learn more about the Swiss watchmaking industry at a cocktail reception in the inviting atmosphere of this boutique.
- Dinner in the restaurant Parc des Eaux-vives, located in the beautiful parc at the lake, close to the Geneve flower clock
Morning: Discover the watchmaking metropolis
- Transfer to La-Chaux-de-Fonds (journey approx. 1h30 by bus and 2h by direct train). La Chaux-de-Fonds, the birthplace of Le Corbusier, was the world capital of the watch-making industry for over a hundred years and is located in the canton of Jura. This region has fostered its common identity as Watch Valley – the Land of Precision.
- Guided walking tour of the city "Watchmaking town planning"
- Lunch in a restaurant in town
Afternoon: Discovering the museums and brandsPossibility to add a visit the following museums or brands:
- Girard-Perregaux Museum, located in the beautiful Villa Marguerite (visit on request)
- Corum: visit on request and possibility to arrange a workshop
- International Clock Museum: the Musée International d'Horlogerie (MIH) is home to more than 4,500 collection pieces, of which 2,700 watches and around 700 wall clocks.
- Dinner and overnight in the Beau-Rivage Hotel, located at the shores of the lake Neuchâtel
By the way: The hotel offers a very special one day workshop: assemble a watch yourself before taking it home with you on your wrist!
Morning: watchmaker's train & Omega museum
- A role play game on board the Watchmaker's train following the trails of the history of the watchmaking industry and its numerous employees who took the train to go to work every day
- Transfer to Biel for lunch and Visit of the Omega museum
Afternoon & evening: Zürich
- Transfer to Zürich (journey approx. 1h30 by car and 1h10 by direct train)
- Arrival and visit of the Breguet Museum of Zürich on the famous Bahnhofstrasse, the shopping boulevard. It connects Lake Zurich with the Main Railway Station on a length of 1.4 kilometers (0.87 miles) and offers numerous boutiques, department stores and timepiece stores
- Dinner and overnight in the city
- Morning: Possibility of an excursion to the IWC Museum in Schaffhausen
- Afternoon: Departure with direct trains to Zürich airport and departures